Your Privacy Rights
All Canadian businesses engaged in commercial activities must comply with the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (the “Act”). The Act gives you rights concerning the privacy of your personal information.
Why Does Synchrony Consulting Need Personal Information?
Synchrony Consulting collects personal information to:
- establish relationships with clients, suppliers, and other entities;
- market and promote its services;
- respond to enquiries, questions, comments and testimonials submitted by clients and prospective clients through this website, social media or otherwise;
- detect and protect Synchrony Consulting and other third parties against error, negligence, breach of contract, fraud, theft and other illegal activity, and to audit compliance with Synchrony Consulting policies and contractual obligations;
- as permitted by, and to comply with, any legal or regulatory requirements or provisions; and
- for any other purpose to which you consent.
What personal information do we collect?
Personal information is any information that identifies you, or by which your identity could be inferred.
How do we collect your personal information?
We collect information only by lawful and fair means, and not in an unreasonably intrusive way. Wherever possible we collect your personal information directly from you.
Depending on the nature of our relationship, sometimes we may obtain information about you from other sources, for example from a government agency or registry.
In most cases, we will ask you to specifically consent, if we collect, use, or disclose your personal information. Normally, we ask for your consent in writing, but in some circumstances, we may accept your oral consent. Sometimes, your consent may be implied through your conduct with us.
Use of Your Information
We use your personal information to provide our products and services to you, to administer our client marketing databases and to include you in any direct marketing activities. If you tell us that you no longer wish to receive information about our products or services, we will not send you any further material.
Disclosure of your Personal Information
Under certain circumstances, Synchrony Consulting will disclose your personal information:
- when you have consented to the disclosure;
- when we are required or authorized by law to do so, for example if a court issues a subpoena;
- if the information is Publicly Available Personal Information, as that term is defined under the Act.
Updating Your Information
Since we use your personal information to provide services to you, it is important that the information be accurate and up-to-date. If during the course of our relationship, any of your information changes, please inform us so that we can make any necessary changes.
How Is My Personal Information Stored and Protected?
Synchrony Consulting takes all reasonable precautions to ensure that your personal information is kept safe from loss, unauthorized access, modification or disclosure. Among the steps taken to protect your information are:
- premises security;
- restricted access to personal information;
- deploying and ensuring that service providers deploy technological safeguards like security software and firewalls to prevent hacking or unauthorized computer access; and
- internal password and security policies.
Where Personal Information is sent to a third party for processing we ensure, through our contacts with them, that all Personal Information is kept secure.
Where do We Store Your Personal Information?
Your Personal Information is stored in secured locations and on servers controlled by Synchrony Consulting or its service providers, located either at our offices or at the offices of our service providers.
Access to Your Personal Information
You may ask for access to any personal information we hold about you. Summary information is available on request. More detailed requests which require archive or other retrieval costs may be passed on to you by us.
If Synchrony Consulting holds information about you and you can establish that it is not accurate, complete and up-to-date, Synchrony Consulting will take reasonable steps to correct it.
Can I be denied access to my Personal Information?
Your rights to access your personal information are not absolute. We may deny access when:
- it is required or authorized by law;
- to do so would reveal confidential commercial information, and the personal information cannot be severed from the record;
- to do so could reasonably be expected to threaten the life or security of another individual, and the personal information cannot be severed from the record; or
- the information was generated in the course of a formal dispute resolution process.
If we deny your request for access to, or refuse a request to correct information, we shall explain why.
Can I request anonymity?
Whenever it is legal and practicable, we may offer the opportunity to deal with general inquiries without providing your name (for example, by accessing general information on our website).
Communicating with Us
You should be aware that, like most other methods of communication, e-mail and other forms of electronic communication are not 100% secure mediums; you should be aware of this when contacting us to send personal or confidential information.
Requests for Access
If you have any questions, or wish to access your personal information, please write to our Privacy Contact at
or by regular mail:
Synchrony Consulting Services Inc.
401 Bay Street, Suite 1600, Toronto, ON M5H 2Y4
If you are not satisfied with our response, the Privacy Commissioner of Canada can be reached at:
112 Kent Street,
Ottawa Ontario, K1A 1H3
On our Website, like most other commercial websites, we may monitor traffic patterns, site usage and related site information in order to optimise our web service. We may provide aggregated information to third parties, but these statistics do not include any identifiable personal information.